Jose Mourinho hasn’t settled on a left-back during his two seasons at Manchester United.
Whilst Ashley Young has predominately made the position his own this season, Luke Shaw, Daley Blind and Marcos Rojo have all been trialled in this position too.
On top of that Young turns 33 over the summer and is not naturally a defender. Despite performing well at left-back this season it is obvious that the boss will be making a new acquisition over the summer.
Danny Rose had long been our number one target but the reports of us making a move for the England international have died down substantially since the close of last summer’s transfer window. The 27-year-old has spent the majority of this season on the sidelines though.
The Manchester Evening News are now reporting that Jose is going to prioritise the signing of Juventus left-back Alex Sandro this summer. However, the Brazilian is under contract until 2020 so it may be difficult to persuade the Italian Serie A leaders to cash in this summer.
Alex Sandro is one of the top players in his position in world football right now, both a good defender and excellent getting forward. In 26 Serie A games this season he has chipped in with an impressive four goals and four assists for the Turin-based side.
As well as being good at bringing the ball forward and being a good crosser of the ball, Alex Sandro can also carry out his defensive duties to a high ability, including being good in the tackle.
The Manchester Evening News are claiming that Alex Sandro could be brought in to replace Luke Shaw, to which the report states that the 22-year-old could be shown the exit door along with Blind and Rojo this summer.
Matteo Darmian has also been strongly linked with a move to Juventus so the Italian international could be used as a makeweight for any deal for Alex Sandro.
Alex Sandro only has 11 caps for the Brazil national team due to Tite preferring Real Madrid’s Marcelo. However, we think he’ll be part of the squad that go to the World Cup in Russia this summer.
- Preview: Burnley vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Burnley boss Vincent Kompany lauds ‘extremely capable’ Erik ten Hag ahead of Man Utd clash
- Kie Plumley announces he has joined Manchester United
- Erik ten Hag should start Alejandro Garnacho vs Burnley after lively cameo
- Man Utd midfielder Christian Eriksen delivers frustrating display vs Bayern
- Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana owns up to his catastrophic error against Bayern Munich
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Manchester United: Player ratings as Andre Onana and Christian Eriksen disappoint massively
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bayern Munich, Pellistri starts
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Sheikh Jassim reluctant to raise their bids for Manchester United following their poor start to 2023-24
- ‘Would have signed anything’: Brazilian midfielder reveals chat with Sir Alex Ferguson convinced him to join Man Utd