We are inside the final 48 hours of the summer transfer window and Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is desperate to bring in a new centre-back before the start of the 2018-19 Premier League season.
The boss has publicly announced his disappointment over the lack of activity this summer, with only Fred, Diogo Dalot and Lee Grant arriving to date.
A number of centre-backs have been linked this summer but so far no deals have been completed.
However, we are about to test Tottenham’s resolve with a final £40 million offer for Belgium international Toby Alderweireld, according to the Mirror.
The window slums shut on Thursday evening, meaning Spurs have little time to decide whether they’re going to accept our offer to force Alderweireld to stay at White Hart Lane for another season. However, the 29-year-old will have a £25 million buy-out clause inserted next summer.
Spurs have previously been asking for in excess of £55 million this summer but Jose and the Manchester United hierarchy have refused to meet their demands.
Alderweireld made only 14 Premier League starts last eason due to a mixture of of injuries and falling out with manager Mauricio Pochettino. He has since failed to agree a new deal in North London.
This leaves Spurs under pressure to either accept our £40 million offer this summer or lose their centre-back for £15 million less in 12 months’ time.
It looks like we are going to be in for an exciting end to the summer transfer window as I am confident we’re going to land a new centre-back before facing Leicester City on Friday 10 August. Whether it’s Alderweireld, Yerry Mina or Jerome Boateng we shall have to wait and see.
- Man Utd set to appoint Chris Armas as first-team coach under Ralf Rangnick
- Tactical Analysis: Hugely encouraging signs in Ralf Rangnick’s debut against Crystal Palace
- Man Utd fans delighted with Fred’s stand-out display against Crystal Palace
- Ralf Rangnick heaps praise on Fred and Scott McTominay after Crystal Palace win
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace
- Who will Rangnick target in the transfer window?
- Man Utd fans react to Fred’s performance vs Arsenal
- Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United in wake of Arsenal win
- Manchester United vs Arsenal 3-2: Cristiano Ronaldo saves the day again
- Michael Carrick provides fresh injury update on Raphael Varane