Manchester United are holding parallel discussions with Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani despite agreeing personal terms with Atalanta’s Rasmus Hojlund.
The club’s next priority is a new centre-forward and according to The Athletic, there is already a preliminary agreement in place with Hojlund over personal terms.
Atalanta value the striker at €70m plus €10m in add-ons, but it is claimed that United will try to negotiate a lower fee with the need to comply with Financial Fair Play.
Meanwhile, the Red Devils also have other options under consideration. They are currently holding ‘parallel discussions’ with Muani over a possible transfer.
Muani would be an ideal acquisition for United
United are currently prioritising the transfer of Hojlund from Atalanta. The youngster only registered 10 goals and four assists for the club last term, but he has immense potential.
His physique, aerial ability and finishing are his main strengths. The Dane has also impressed with his pace on the counter-attack. The left-footed striker has been likened to Erling Braut Haaland.
Hojlund is still a raw talent at the age of 20, but with the right level of guidance, he could be transformed into an elite striker. United boss Erik ten Hag believes he could get the best out of him.
However, we would personally prefer the club to sign Muani instead. The 24-year-old was extraordinary in his debut season in Germany, scoring 23 goals and providing 17 assists from 46 games.
Aside from his goal contributions, Muani won a stunning 6.8 ground and aerial duels per appearance for Eintracht last season. He averaged more than two take-ons in the Bundesliga.
Muani has all the attributes to suit Ten Hag and would provide immediate results. There is currently no concrete interest in him with Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich eyeing other targets.
PSG are focusing on Benfica’s Goncalo Ramos while Bayern are in talks with Tottenham Hotspur over the potential transfer of Harry Kane, who was initially United’s prime summer target.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player