Manchester United have endured a frustrating campaign so far this season but the mood at Old Trafford was lifted in midweek when Marouane Fellaini scored a late winner to secure a 1-0 win over Young Boys.
Having been held to a hugely disappointing 0-0 draw by Crystal Palace last weekend, it seemed United were heading for a second consecutive stalemate on Tuesday night before Fellaini saved the day in stoppage time to seal qualification to the knockout stages of the Champions League.
The win was crucial as not only did it book United’s place in the next phase of Europe’s elite competition, but it saved thousands of betting slips as no doubt many fans had backed United to beat Young Boys at the best casino sites and online sports bookmakers. United are now two points off Group H leaders Juventus with one game to play so they’re expected to progress as runners-up which means a tough draw in the last 16.
When asked for comment after the game, Fellaini told reporters that the mood in the camp was good and insisted that the players were happy despite the inconsistent results. However, the Belgian international went on to say that the focus must now turn to getting a much-needed 3 points on Saturday.
United travel to the south coast to take on Southampton on Saturday evening and sports betting sites make the Manchester giants the 10/11 favourites to win. The Saints currently sit 18th in the table so United should be confident of taking home 3 points but Fellaini and his team mates will know it will still be a tough game at St Mary’s Stadium as Mark Hughes’ side are fighting for their lives.
Jose Mourinho’s men head in to the weekend action sitting 7th in the Premier League following the draw against Palace and they’re 7 points off the top four so United desperately need a win against Southampton to close the gap.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup