Back to the roundup of the day where we go around feeding off scraps from newspapers and rags alike. Although we avoid the rags. (even though we secretly like some of them… you know, guilty pleasures)
Anyway, here are the some of the news stories of the day…
1. Tottenham have apparently sent the rumour mills into overdrive. Apart from clinching the signing of Gareth Bale (who was also heavily linked with United) they have now been linked to Nani and *gasp* Ryan Giggs. Alright, I read these stories on one of them tabloids but while Nani seems like an acceptable rumour, the Giggs one seems totally nutty. Even if they throw Berbatov in the mix, it is going to be a no-gain deal for Spurs. Now I don’t know why I even brought this up. And about Bale, I am not so sure about us missing out a chance to sign a hot young talent. Honestly, he would be languishing in the reserves with our left back spot well covered. Unless we bought him with a plan of converting him to a left winger.
2. Sepp Blatter has complimented United for deciding to call off their Malaysia trip. You know when I would compliment them? When they decide to call off the entire Asian adventure and instead head stateside, possibly a game against LA Galaxy and a reunion with Beckham. Apart from giving me a chance to watch them in action, it is also a potential bigger money spinner, with all the Beckham hype doing the rounds in the American media.
3. And finally Mikael Silvestre wants to stay on and fight for his place. Umm… okay. 🙂
Good for us though. At least we will have him in the event of both Evra and Heinze getting injured.
And that’s all for today folks. Hope to get my fingers up and running tomorrow.
- Man Utd get to know Ruben Neves price tag ahead of deadline
- Man Utd in the race to sign Porto winger Luis Diaz
- Kieran Trippier confirms Man Utd wanted to sign him last summer
- Crystal Palace in direct talks with Man Utd for Donny van de Beek
- Roma join AC Milan in race to sign Eric Bailly
- Man Utd agree to loan Anthony Martial to Sevilla
- Man Utd favourites to sign Boubacar Kamara
- AC Milan still interested in Man Utd defender Eric Bailly
- Man Utd keeping tabs on Porto winger Luis Diaz
- Man Utd shortlist four candidates to become their next manager