On the day dominated by hard and mad transfer activity the headlines will surely be no different. We might have found the odd news snippet outside Nani, Hargreaves and Anderson, but there isn’t much else other than these to write about.
We have discussed the transfer deals in detail here and here. Go ahead and read them for the detail.
For the low attention span people, here is the roundup of United’s news headlines for the day.
1. Man united capture Sporting’s Nani screams the official website. Well the headline says it all. Nothing much other than shock, awe and surprise at a deal completed so quickly. The winger we so desired has now been bought, pending a medical.
2. In addition to that, as if to say that wasn’t enough, we went ahead and bought another promising star from the Portuguese league. This time Porto’s Brazilian teenager Anderson. I am not very clear about his position but he appears to be more of a striker, with good pace and trickery. Well done United!
Although as an aside, I wonder if United are still looking for a world class out and out striker. If they do get one, it will be one of the biggest spending seasons in recent times and put the Glazer doubters to rest for a change.
3. And to round off the transfer madness of the day, here is the end to the longest transfer saga in recent memory. Hargreaves finally moves to United The actual move to be made in July 1.
4. In other news, Rossi has been picked in Italy’s U-21 squad and is expected to spearhead their attack in the U21 European Championship to be played in the Netherlands. It’s good in a way, that Rossi gets a decent run out in the tournament. We hope he scores a hatful of goals and comes into the next season in a rich vein of form.
5. And finally Ryan Giggs retires from international football. His last game for Wales would be the Euro 2008 qualifier against Czech Republic. It’s good for United though, now that he’s old the last thing we need is for him to go on and satisfy his international commitments. It’s a pity however, that a person with such a brilliant club career never got to figure in the World Cup. Might be one of his lifelong regrets. (Goes without saying that he might have been England’s longest serving left winger in recent times, had he opted to play for them.)
And that should wrap up things for the day. Do read our features on United’s new signings, and keep coming back for more.
- Anthony Martial could stay at Man Utd despite being ‘transfer listed’
- Thomas Zilliacus could consider buying Liverpool if Manchester United bid fails
- Man Utd could avoid signing Houssem Aouar despite journalist claim
- Newcastle United in advanced talks to sign Man Utd’s Head of Young Recruitment David Harrison
- 100% aerial duels & 100% take-ons won: Man Utd should target Amadou Onana
- Wout Weghorst opens up on life at Man Utd
- Fresh date confirmed for Man Utd’s postponed fixture, one more game rescheduled
- ‘Serious option’: Raphael Varane opens the door to retiring at Man Utd
- Man United owners will consider selling minority shares if revised bids don’t impress them
- Man Utd must avoid signing Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic this summer