Manchester United have their eyes on Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic who could be sold this summer, according to Gazzetta dello Sport (page 5).
The Serbia international has been with the Bianconeri for the past 16 months but he has struggled with just 23 goals and six assists from 63 games.
It is now reported that the Bianconeri are prepared to consider the sale of the 23-year-old following their failure to qualify for the Champions League.
Gazzetta dello Sport add that United ‘have their eyes’ on the striker who could be tempted to ‘change the scene’ with no Champions League football.
Vlahovic could be a realistic target for United
The Red Devils have been heavily linked with Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane over the past few weeks but a transfer could be difficult to push through.
Kane is reportedly valued at £100 million by Spurs but chairman Daniel Levy has no plans of selling the striker to a direct Premier League rival this summer.
Hence, United could be forced to look into alternatives. Napoli’s Victor Osimhen is on the club’s radar but he could cost a staggering fee of around £130m.
If United’s summer budget is limited, they could opt for a more affordable striker. Vlahovic could be a realistic target for the Red Devils, in our opinion.
Vlahovic joined the Bianconeri in a deal worth £67m last year and the Turin giants could be convinced to let him go for a similar price or probably less.
The Serbian was sensational during his time with Fiorentina. He matched the Serie A record for the most goals in a calendar in 2021, scoring on 33 occasions.
He has struggled to replicate the form at Juventus but could change his fortunes at a new club.
Vlahovic’s positioning and finishing are his main strengths. He could excel at United where there has been a tendency to squander big chances in the box.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd