Manchester United have taken concrete steps to land Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot this summer, Italian outlet Calciomercato reports.
The Red Devils are eyeing reinforcements for the midfield department. Barcelona’s Frenkie de Jong has been constantly linked this month.
However, the club are also considering several other options, and it was recently reported that they have an interest in signing Rabiot.
Calciomercato now claim that the Red Devils have ‘taken concrete steps’ towards the player and his €15 million price tag is not a problem.
The Frenchman has been a long-term target for United, but it is specifically mentioned that convincing him to join the club is not so simple.
Rabiot has been a solid performer for the Bianconeri. He averaged an impressive two tackles per game last season, operating from the central and defensive midfield positions.
The Frenchman also excelled with his hold-up play, dribbling and knack for picking out key passes. At 27, he is in the peak of his career, and would be a quality acquisition for United.
The Red Devils would have no trouble in meeting the Bianconeri’s valuation as well as his wage demands, but the lack of Champions League football could be a drawback for the club.
If Rabiot were to move to the Premier League, Chelsea may have a better chance of pursuing him for that reason. It remains to be seen whether United can persuade him to join.
United have yet sign anyone this summer, but new manager Erik ten Hag is deemed to have convinced Frenkie de Jong over a transfer. The club are now locked in negotiations with Barcelona.
The Dutch tactician could play a role in influencing Rabiot’s decision, though it won’t be an easy task with Atletico Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain also mentioned as possible suitors.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and WhoScored.com
- Manchester United plan to enter the transfer race for Moises Caicedo
- Impressive stats come to the fore following massive performance from Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes for Portugal
- Real Madrid join Man Utd in race to sign Argentine star Enzo Fernandez
- Facundo Pellistri shines for Uruguay in 2-0 World Cup defeat to Portugal
- FA Cup third round draw: Man Utd to host Everton at Old Trafford
- Casemiro scores wonder goal as Manchester United duo help Brazil move into last 16 at the World Cup
- Man Utd plan to recall Ethan Laird if Aaron Wan-Bissaka leaves in January
- Man Utd target Sergej Milinkovic-Savic impresses for Serbia in World Cup thriller vs Cameroon
- Man Utd should sign Vincent Aboubakar from Al-Nassr on loan in January
- Manchester United midfielder Fred opens up on taking inspiration from legendary World Cup-winning Brazil squad