Manchester United have offered €7 million plus add-ons to sign Fenerbahce goalkeeper Altay Bayindir this summer, according to Fanatik journalist Gokmen Ozcan.
The Red Devils currently have Andre Onana as the undisputed choice in goal, but they are likely to pursue another shot-stopper with Dean Henderson expected to leave.
The 26-year-old star is on the radar of Nottingham Forest and Crystal Palace, and he has no plans of accepting a back-up role with the Red Devils for the current season.
Over the past couple of days, United have been linked with a move for Benfica’s Odysseas Vlachodimos, and he could be available for around €10m, according to O Jogo.
Bayindir is another name that has been on the club’s radar for some time, and Ozcan claims that United have proposed to pay €7m plus bonuses to secure his signature.
Bayindir may need to be convinced over United move
Onana is expected to start for the Red Devils in the Premier League and Champions League games, and manager Erik ten Hag may only consider rotating in the Cup competitions.
The back-up goalkeeper is unlikely to get much playing time, but United would want a top-class signing to provide cover for Onana in case of any unforeseen circumstances.
Bayindir would be a good acquisition for the Red Devils. He is currently in the prime of his career at 25.
Last season, he completed 69 per cent of his passes in the Super Lig with 4.9 long balls per game.
The Turkey international has a good aerial presence but can also operate as a sweeper-keeper.
He would represent value for money for the price mentioned, but the major question is whether United can persuade him to make the switch to Old Trafford this summer.
Bayindir has been Fenerbahce’s first-choice goalkeeper for the past four years. He may need some convincing to accept a back-up role as he is also Turkey’s number one.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns