Manchester United have no interest in signing River Plate striker Julian Alvarez this month, Manchester Evening News reports.
The 21-year-old has had an excellent campaign for River Plate, bagging 24 goals and 15 assists across all competitions.
His form has seen him linked with several European clubs including the Red Devils, who were touted to meet his agent.
It is now reported that the Red Devils are not interested in him whatsoever, and the speculation is purely agent-driven.
Alvarez has made a big impression over the past 12 months at River Plate, and he is now eyeing a bigger challenge in Europe.
With the World Cup this winter, the striker could boost his international prospects if he can perform at a higher level.
The youngster has excellent individual attributes such as strong hold-up play and dribbling. He does not shy away from making tackles.
However, there is no assurance that he would be guaranteed game time at Old Trafford. It is unsurprising that United are not in the mix.
The club’s decision could also be influenced by the confirmation that Ed Woodward will leave his boardroom position at the end of the month.
The 50-year-old will quit his Executive Vice-Chairman role on February 1. Richard Arnold will be the Chief Executive Officer going forward.
Woodward has been in charge of transfer deals since 2012. With his impending exit, the club may not make any signings during the ongoing transfer window.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com,
- Juventus and Sevilla exploring Anthony Martial loan deal
- Anthony Martial plays key role in Man Utd’s late win vs West Ham
- Ralf Rangnick reacts to Marcus Rashford’s dramatic winner against West Ham
- Ralf Rangnick confirms two Man Utd starters vs West Ham United
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Barcelona attacker Ousmane Dembele tempted by Man Utd move
- Will Jesse Lingard move to Newcastle or Tottenham this transfer window?
- Man Utd cool down interest in Denis Zakaria
- Man Utd may not approve Ralf Rangnick’s wish to sign Amadou Haidara
- Juventus in direct contact with Man Utd over Anthony Martial loan deal