Manchester United have no interest in signing River Plate striker Julian Alvarez this month, Manchester Evening News reports.
The 21-year-old has had an excellent campaign for River Plate, bagging 24 goals and 15 assists across all competitions.
His form has seen him linked with several European clubs including the Red Devils, who were touted to meet his agent.
It is now reported that the Red Devils are not interested in him whatsoever, and the speculation is purely agent-driven.
Alvarez has made a big impression over the past 12 months at River Plate, and he is now eyeing a bigger challenge in Europe.
With the World Cup this winter, the striker could boost his international prospects if he can perform at a higher level.
The youngster has excellent individual attributes such as strong hold-up play and dribbling. He does not shy away from making tackles.
However, there is no assurance that he would be guaranteed game time at Old Trafford. It is unsurprising that United are not in the mix.
The club’s decision could also be influenced by the confirmation that Ed Woodward will leave his boardroom position at the end of the month.
The 50-year-old will quit his Executive Vice-Chairman role on February 1. Richard Arnold will be the Chief Executive Officer going forward.
Woodward has been in charge of transfer deals since 2012. With his impending exit, the club may not make any signings during the ongoing transfer window.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com,
- After Bayern, agent offers Cristiano Ronaldo to Chelsea
- Man Utd want to sign three Ajax players but may land just one
- Man Utd very close to signing Frenkie de Jong, transfer likely by June 30
- Man Utd can sign Goncalo Inacio with offer close to release clause
- Man Utd need to offer €10m more as fixed fee to sign Frenkie de Jong
- Gary Neville hits out after Man Utd pay out dividends to shareholders
- Cristiano Ronaldo was offered to Bayern Munich by Jorge Mendes
- Man Utd have made an offer for Leeds star Raphinha
- David Ornstein fancies Christian Eriksen to end up at Man Utd
- Man Utd in pole position to sign Matthijs de Ligt