Manchester United have no transfers offers for midfielder Paul Pogba ahead of the January transfer window, reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano claims.
The 28-year-old will enter the final six months of his United contract next month. He has yet to give the green light for a potential extension with the Red Devils.
There is a salary package close to £400,000-a-week on the table, but Pogba remains undecided over his future. Amidst this, it has been speculated that he could leave in January.
United have yet to receive any transfer proposals including swap deals for the World Cup winner, who is currently sidelined with a thigh problem.
Pogba made a fantastic start to the current Premier League campaign with seven assists from four appearances.
His form dropped thereafter before a needless sending-off against Liverpool.
He has not played a single competitive game since. Pogba was due to make his comeback after the last international break but picked up a long-term thigh injury in France training.
Rangnick has confirmed that Pogba won’t return until the turn of the year, but there is immense speculation whether the midfielder will play another game for the Mancunian giants.
The interim manager has already confirmed that he won’t look to convince the midfielder to stay.
It is clear that Pogba has his destiny in his own hands ahead of the New Year.
The Frenchman could be eyeing a higher salary package with interest from Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid.
United are unlikely to break their wage structure to meet his demands.
It is unclear how the Red Devils will react to the situation, but it was previously reported that the hierarchy feel Pogba is too valuable to lose at the halfway stage of the campaign.
- Marko Arnautovic’s agent speaks out on potential Manchester United switch
- Man Utd suffer transfer blow with Fabian Ruiz set to join PSG
- Man Utd make opening bid for Marko Arnautovic
- Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion: Three talking points as Erik ten Hag suffers defeat in Premier League debut
- Player Ratings: Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion
- Harry Maguire insists that players will fight for the badge
- Erik ten Hag identifies Fabian Ruiz as the perfect Frenkie de Jong alternative for Manchester United
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Brighton – Three debutants, Ronaldo starts
- Opinion: Manchester United should forget Frenkie de Jong and sign these two unbelievable players for price of one
- Report: ‘Dazzling’ Benjamin Sesko knows Manchester United want him but PSG blow is last thing Erik ten Hag needs