Manchester United are among Premier League clubs that have made an offer for Leeds United winger Raphinha, according to Sport.
The Red Devils are yet to make a signing this summer, but have already been linked with multiple players including Frenkie de Jong and Antony.
Antony has been earmarked as a potential candidate to bolster the right-wing department, but he will cost between €70-80 million.
Sport now claims that United are one of many Premier League sides that have made a proposal for Raphinha, who is also a right-winger.
However, the Brazil international continues to have Barcelona as his priority, having already agreed personal terms in March this year.
The Blaugrana recently approved a couple of economic levers, but it is claimed that they would still need to have the €50m valuation lowered.
United have lacked sufficient creativity from the right wing in recent seasons. Mason Greenwood showed promise, but he is indefinitely suspended.
Jadon Sancho was expected to provide a solution after his big-money move from Borussia Dortmund last summer, but the England star also tended to struggle.
The 22-year-old looked comfortable after switching to the left wing. It could be a position where he could establish himself if United pursue a specialist right-winger.
Antony is obviously the prime target for manager Erik ten Hag, having coached him at Ajax over the past two seasons. However, it won’t be easy to prise him away.
While the price tag could act as a potential stumbling block, new Ajax boss Alfred Schreuder has recently emphasised that he would like to keep the Brazilian star.
This could urge United to look at alternative options. Raphinha is tried and tested in the Premier League. He bagged 11 goals and three assists for Leeds last term.
He could seamlessly adapt unlike other signings, but persuading him could be a difficult process with his main preference being to join Barcelona this summer.
United could still have an opportunity to sign him with the Catalans’ financial problems, but this saga could drag on until the final weeks of the window.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd sale could be completed before end of season
- Real Madrid linked with shock move for Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes
- Man Utd star Raphael Varane leads France in dramatic game against Tunisia at the World Cup
- ‘I think he’s turned it around’ – Paul Scholes names Marcus Rashford as stand out player so far at Manchester United
- ‘It’s quite an easy question’ – Former Manchester United midfielder names Casemiro as his ideal partner
- Gary Neville says Marcus Rashford should be a guaranteed starter for England vs Senegal
- Man Utd handed blow with Benfica set to hand new contract to Goncalo Ramos
- Cristiano Ronaldo closing in on January move to Al Nassr
- Manchester United’s December 2022 Preview: Schedule & Predictions
- Man Utd need to pay €50m up front to sign Cody Gakpo – Fabrizio Romano