Manchester United have placed their ‘full focus’ on signing Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane following the demand from manager Erik ten Hag, The Mirror report.
The Red Devils are currently on course to qualify for next season’s Champions League but there is still plenty of room for improvement within the first-team squad.
Marcus Rashford has been in stunning scoring form this term with 26 goals but no one else in the current team has come close to matching the Englishman’s goal tally.
Bruno Fernandes is the second-best scorer for United this campaign with just eight goals and there are no surprises that the manager wants to land a marquee striker.
It is now reported that Kane is the number one choice for the Red Devils boss and he believes the 29-year-old would transform United into genuine title challengers.
Hence, United have their full focus on landing Kane from Spurs but he could cost a club-record fee. Despite his contract expiring next summer, Spurs are likely to demand over £100 million.
Ten Hag wants a Premier League proven striker at United
Over the past few months, United have been linked with Napoli’s Victor Osimhen and Benfica’s Goncalo Ramos, who are among the best young strikers in world football.
However, it appears Ten Hag has his sights on landing a Premier League proven striker this summer and there are not many better than Kane at the current point of time.
The England captain is already one of the all-time greats in the English top-flight and he recently became the third player to register 200 goals in Premier League history.
While Spurs have not won any piece of silverware for 15 years, Kane has been a bright spark for them. He has stood out this season as well with 22 goals and four assists.
United will reportedly make just one big signing this summer. Ten Hag will be hoping that the club succeed in persuading Kane to move to Old Trafford from north London.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Elliott Investment Management submits offer for Man United minority stake
- Man Utd continuing attempts to agree new contracts with De Gea and Rashford
- Man Utd and Chelsea vying to sign Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana
- With Paul Mitchell set to leave Monaco, Man Utd must beat Liverpool and sign him
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on his controversial Manchester United exit for the first time
- Tottenham Hotspur’s interest in Man United goalkeeper Dean Henderson could open talks for Harry Kane deal
- Manchester United in advanced talks to sign Watford left-back Harry Amass
- Man Utd star Christian Eriksen provides huge injury update on Instagram
- Behind only Arsenal, Man Utd have been fined six-figure sum for referee abuse
- Man Utd target Diogo Costa could be sold as Porto require €50m to balance their books