Manchester United have found an agreement with the entourage of Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat, according to Gazzetta dello Sport (page 16).
The Red Devils announced the arrival of midfielder Mason Mount from Chelsea earlier today. The England international has put pen-to-paper on an initial five-year deal.
United boss Erik ten Hag is open to pursuing a second midfielder, and Gazzetta dello Sport claim that there is an agreement in place with Amrabat’s camp.
The Italian outlet add that United are yet to meet Fiorentina’s €30 million (£26m) valuation for the 26-year-old. Atletico Madrid are also looming in the background.
United may not sign Amrabat
The Red Devils recently made a huge outlay of £55m to land Mount from the Blues. With this, they have already used up part of the £120m budget before player sales.
United are currently in talks with Inter Milan for goalkeeper Andre Onana. They have failed with an offer of £39m. Inter are adamant that they want £51m to consider a deal.
The club are optimistic that they can strike an agreement with Inter soon. This could be a reason why they have not made any proposal to land Amrabat from La Viola.
United need at least one senior midfielder heading for the exit door to recoup funds for the Moroccan.
There are other issues along the way. Amrabat is unlikely to join United to play second fiddle to Casemiro for the number six position. He may want assured playing time next term.
Gazzetta dello Sport have not mentioned Barcelona’s interest, but that is another concern for United. Amrabat seems determined to join Barcelona and is awaiting an offer from them.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- 3 goals in last 4 meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return