Manchester United have discussed whether to sign Atalanta striker Rasmus Hojlund during this summer’s transfer window, according to the Daily Mail.
The Red Devils are likely to pursue a new striker ahead of the 2023/24 campaign and they are looking at multiple options in the transfer market.
Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane and Napoli’s Victor Osimhen have been linked but the Daily Mail claim that Hojlund is also on their transfer radar.
The Dane has been discussed internally by the Red Devils but he won’t come on the cheap.
Atalanta want £60 million for Hojlund who was signed for £15m from Sturm Graz last summer.
Hojlund would be a brilliant long-term investment
The Austrian joined Atalanta from Graz in late August. He has since contributed nine goals and three assists from 32 appearances across all competitions.
His statistics are not overly exceptional but he definitely has the potential to become an elite striker.
The 20-year-old has a strong physical presence alongside good mobility. He has also caught the eye with his ability to get into good scoring positions in the box.
His progress has led to comparisons with Erling Braut Haaland. He is nowhere near the ability of the Norwegian but could be groomed into a potent striker.
It remains to be seen whether the Red Devils are prepared to make a huge outlay on him. For £60m, they could easily pursue an experienced striker this summer.
In our view, United could bring in Hojlund in the next transfer window, provided Atalanta are willing to accept a lesser fee up front with performance add-ons.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’