Manchester United have been offered the opportunity to sign RB Leipzig striker Brian Brobbey this summer, The Daily Mail reports (today’s edition, page 105).
The Red Devils were heavily reliant on Cristiano Ronaldo for goals last term, but there is an uncertainty over his future at the club beyond the summer.
Amidst this, the Red Devils could be looking for a new marksman, and The Mail suggests that the club have been offered the chance to sign Brobbey for £17 million.
Brobbey could be a future star at Man Utd
Brobbey started his senior career with Ajax, but decided to move on to Leipzig on a free transfer last summer. The decision did not prove worthwhile.
The 20-year-old struggled for minutes with the German outfit, and ended up rejoining Ajax on loan in January. He bagged seven goals and one assist on his comeback.
Erik ten Hag was instrumental in luring him back to his former club, and it now appears he is keen on a reunion at United. The duo have been speaking to each other.
Brobbey has impressed with his physical strength and pace on the counter-attack, and also possesses an incredible leap in the air which has been likened to Ronaldo’s.
Under Ten Hag, he would have the ideal platform to develop into an elite striker. The Dutch tactician has built his reputation on getting the best out of emerging players.
As things stand, Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford would be the go-to options for Ten Hag up front, suppose Ronaldo decides to end his association with the club.
If Brobbey were to move to Old Trafford, he could be eased into the starting fold but could turn out to be a future star. Ten Hag’s hands-on training approach could see him excel at United.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Manchester United plan to enter the transfer race for Moises Caicedo
- Impressive stats come to the fore following massive performance from Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes for Portugal
- Real Madrid join Man Utd in race to sign Argentine star Enzo Fernandez
- Facundo Pellistri shines for Uruguay in 2-0 World Cup defeat to Portugal
- FA Cup third round draw: Man Utd to host Everton at Old Trafford
- Casemiro scores wonder goal as Manchester United duo help Brazil move into last 16 at the World Cup
- Man Utd plan to recall Ethan Laird if Aaron Wan-Bissaka leaves in January
- Man Utd target Sergej Milinkovic-Savic impresses for Serbia in World Cup thriller vs Cameroon
- Man Utd should sign Vincent Aboubakar from Al-Nassr on loan in January
- Manchester United midfielder Fred opens up on taking inspiration from legendary World Cup-winning Brazil squad