Manchester United have been offered the opportunity to sign RB Leipzig striker Brian Brobbey this summer, The Daily Mail reports (today’s edition, page 105).
The Red Devils were heavily reliant on Cristiano Ronaldo for goals last term, but there is an uncertainty over his future at the club beyond the summer.
Amidst this, the Red Devils could be looking for a new marksman, and The Mail suggests that the club have been offered the chance to sign Brobbey for £17 million.
Brobbey could be a future star at Man Utd
Brobbey started his senior career with Ajax, but decided to move on to Leipzig on a free transfer last summer. The decision did not prove worthwhile.
The 20-year-old struggled for minutes with the German outfit, and ended up rejoining Ajax on loan in January. He bagged seven goals and one assist on his comeback.
Erik ten Hag was instrumental in luring him back to his former club, and it now appears he is keen on a reunion at United. The duo have been speaking to each other.
Brobbey has impressed with his physical strength and pace on the counter-attack, and also possesses an incredible leap in the air which has been likened to Ronaldo’s.
Under Ten Hag, he would have the ideal platform to develop into an elite striker. The Dutch tactician has built his reputation on getting the best out of emerging players.
As things stand, Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford would be the go-to options for Ten Hag up front, suppose Ronaldo decides to end his association with the club.
If Brobbey were to move to Old Trafford, he could be eased into the starting fold but could turn out to be a future star. Ten Hag’s hands-on training approach could see him excel at United.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Opinion: Glazers’ £17 million Adrien Rabiot transfer disaster-class highlights everything wrong at Manchester United
- Manchester United offered a chance to sign Alvaro Morata
- Manchester United pull out of Marko Arnautovic deal
- Man Utd register interest in Cody Gakpo, player keen on transfer
- Wes Brown impressed by Lisandro Martínez’s Manchester United debut
- Rio Ferdinand urges Man Utd to re-sign Danny Welbeck as back-up striker
- Manchester United now have great chance to sign ‘incredible’ Dan-Axel Zagadou for absolutely nothing
- Man Utd can sign Sergej Milinkovic-Savic for £50m this summer
- Manchester United handed another transfer blow as Benjamin Sesko’s future is decided
- Man Utd identify Guido Rodriguez as alternative to Adrien Rabiot