Manchester United defender Luke Shaw continued his recent good form with another solid Premier League performance against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
The left-back started the campaign with a couple of unconvincing displays and he was quickly dropped to the bench by manager Erik ten Hag to be replaced by Tyrell Malacia.
Despite his lack of club minutes, Shaw was surprisingly called up for England duty last month and he managed to make an impact, scoring in the thrilling 3-3 draw against Germany.
Since his return from the international break, the 27-year-old has got back in favour under Ten Hag with Malacia’s inconsistent form and he now appears an undisputed starter.
After helping United keep clean sheets in two of his previous three Premier League starts, Shaw upped his performance at Chelsea yesterday, playing a key role in the late equaliser.
The left-back hung up a lovely cross from outside the box for Casemiro, who rose highest in the box to head home the equaliser beyond the grasp of goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga.
Aside from his assist, Shaw managed 80 touches, 48 passes, five interceptions and created two chances. He was dispossessed on more than a few occasions and this is where he still needs to improve.
Nonetheless, the England star has re-established himself as the first-choice left-back and seems undroppable at the moment. He looks on course to make the World Cup squad.
Shaw is likely to be handed a breather against Sheriff Tiraspol in the Europa League on Thursday. The Red Devils entertain West Ham United in their next league game on Saturday.
Stats from SofaScore.com
- Anthony Martial could stay at Man Utd despite being ‘transfer listed’
- Thomas Zilliacus could consider buying Liverpool if Manchester United bid fails
- Man Utd could avoid signing Houssem Aouar despite journalist claim
- Newcastle United in advanced talks to sign Man Utd’s Head of Young Recruitment David Harrison
- 100% aerial duels & 100% take-ons won: Man Utd should target Amadou Onana
- Wout Weghorst opens up on life at Man Utd
- Fresh date confirmed for Man Utd’s postponed fixture, one more game rescheduled
- ‘Serious option’: Raphael Varane opens the door to retiring at Man Utd
- Man United owners will consider selling minority shares if revised bids don’t impress them
- Man Utd must avoid signing Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic this summer