Manchester United have already made an opening bid for Fiorentina midfelder Sofyan Amrabat, according to reputed journalist Alfredo Pedulla.
The Red Devils recently secured an agreement to sign Rasmus Hojlund from Fiorentina. The striker is expected to join the club in a deal worth €85 million.
Amrabat is the next player on Erik ten Hag’s radar, and Pedulla reports that United’s bid for the Morocco international has ‘already arrived’ at the Serie A outfit.
Amrabat would be another brilliant signing
United have been precise with their transfer targets this summer. They have already signed Mason Mount and Andre Onana, who were the manager’s preferred choices.
Similarly, Hojlund was the Dutchman’s prime striker target as soon as Harry Kane became to expensive to afford. Ten Hag is now eyeing a reunion with Amrabat.
The Moroccan worked under the Red Devils boss at Utrecht. He was handed his senior debut under Ten Hag, and the pair have had a strong relationship since.
Personal terms have already been agreed over a summer switch, and a transfer now depends on the Red Devils meeting the transfer demands of the Serie A outfit.
Fiorentina currently value their prized asset at €30m. United have made an opening offer for the midfielder, but it is likely to be below the valuation of La Viola.
The club have been smarter in the transfer market this summer, and will most certainly try to sign Amrabat for a lower fee up front with performance add-ons.
Amrabat would be a brilliant signing for United as he is one of the best holding midfielders in Serie A. He would be a good upgrade on Scott McTominay and Fred.
The Moroccan has been exceptional with his distribution and ball control over recent years. He also possesses a tireless work rate and likes to win challenges.
He would provide strong competition to Casemiro for the number six role next term.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action