Manchester United have already made an opening offer to sign Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat, according to Corriere dello Sport.
The Red Devils are currently close to landing goalkeeper Andre Onana from Inter Milan. Once the deal is complete, the club could focus on other targets.
A marquee striker and a second midfielder could be pursued, and Corriere dello Sport (via Fiorentina.it) claim that United have made a move for Amrabat.
Fiorentina are currently aware of the interest from United, but the €30m transfer fee requested for Amrabat remains ‘far from the offer’ of the Red Devils.
Liverpool have also been mentioned by the outlet, but their interest is ‘superficial’ at the moment.
United’s move for Amrabat depends on player sales
United recently spent £55m (€64m) to sign Mason Mount from Chelsea. A further £43m (€50m) will be invested on the purchase of Onana from the Nerazzurri this week.
Manager Erik ten Hag has recently received a boost with the Glazers increasing the budget to £170m (€198m), and the next priority should lie on landing a new striker.
Atalanta’s Rasmus Hojlund is currently the prime target, and he could cost in the region of €60m.
With this in mind, we are not surprised that United have made a low-ball offer for Amrabat.
The Red Devils could return with a more serious bid in the coming weeks depending on player sales.
Scott McTominay’s exit could be essential to securing the services of Amrabat this summer.
The Scot is currently the back-up holding midfielder behind Casemiro. United are unlikely to stick with him while recruiting Amrabat, who prefers the number six position too.
If United finalise a deal with Fiorentina for Amrabat, a transfer could be straightforward. The midfielder has a strong relationship with Ten Hag, who handed him his senior debut at Utrecht.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling