Manchester United have been handed a boost in signing Dusan Vlahovic with Juventus lowering their asking price, according to Corriere dello Sport (page 6).
The Red Devils are interested in signing a marquee striker this summer. Atalanta’s Rasmus Hojlund is the main target, but United have no plans of meeting the price tag.
The Serie A outfit currently value him at a staggering €100 million. United consider the figure to be ‘excessive’ and they could start looking elsewhere soon.
Amidst this, the club have been handed a boost with Juventus lowering their demands for Vlahovic.
Vlahovic has struggled since his move to Juventus from Fiorentina, and he is now ‘ready to try another league’. United are one of the clubs keen on signing him.
Vlahovic would be a good acquisition for United
The Red Devils are working on a limited budget for the summer transfer window, and they have no plans of spending €100m to land the services of Hojlund from Atalanta.
United have tried to propose a part-exchange deal involving several players for the Dane, but Atalanta remain adamant that they won’t sell for less than their asking price.
In our view, the hierarchy should look at alternative options soon. Vlahovic would be a good acquisition for United despite his mixed 18-month spell with the Bianconeri.
The Serbian arrived in Turin after a stunning 2021 with Fiorentina where he scored 37 goals. He has managed just 23 goals from his next 63 appearances with Juventus.
As a result, Vlahovic has been the subject of criticism from fans and the Italian media. He could transform his fortunes with a move to Old Trafford where the playing style would suit him.
The attacking brand of football under manager Erik ten Hag would work well with the Serbian, whose main strengths are his positioning and finishing in the opposition box.
Last season, Bruno Fernandes created 32 big chances in the league (one more than Kevin De Bruyne), but only registered eight assists. Vlahovic should benefit from Fernandes’ creativity
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions