Manchester United have been handed a big boost with Marcus Rashford back in training with England following his injury scare against Malta last week.
The 26-year-old started the 2-0 win over Malta at the Wembley Stadium, but he was substituted shortly after the hour mark following a nasty collision with Trent Alexander-Arnold.
Speaking after the game, manager Gareth Southgate said that Rashford looked okay and the Three Lions have now confirmed that he is back in training ahead of the next outing.
United handed timely boost ahead of Everton clash
The Red Devils have suffered numerous injury concerns since the start of the campaign. Before the international break, they received a double blow against Luton Town.
Christian Eriksen and Rasmus Hojlund picked up injuries in the first and second half respectively. The former has been ruled out for four weeks while the latter could return before the end of the month.
Meanwhile, Andre Onana is currently doubtful after his pelvic injury on international duty. He has returned early from the Cameroon camp and is set to undergo further tests.
United fans will be glad that Rashford has returned to full training with the Three Lions and he could feature against North Macedonia in Monday’s Euro 2024 qualifier.
England have already booked top spot in their qualifying group. Rashford will be hoping for another start despite his disappointing outing versus Malta at Wembley last week.
The United graduate has netted only two goals for club and country this season and he dearly needs to find the back of the net to boost his confidence for the games ahead.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling