Manchester United have been handed a boost in signing Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic following the Serie A club’s point deduction, according to Gazzetta dello Sport (page 15).
The Bianconeri were recently handed a 10-point penalty by the Italian federation for false accounting and they are now on the verge of missing out on Champions League qualification.
It is now reported that the Serie A giants are expected to offload high-profile stars to recoup losses. Vlahovic, who is one of the highest earners, will most likely be sold.
United are mentioned as one of the candidates interested in landing his signature. His agent Darko Ristic has reportedly started the ground work for a summer transfer.
Vlahovic would be a quality acquisition
Vlahovic was regarded as one of the best strikers in Europe at Fiorentina. He netted 31 goals in the Italian top-flight in 2021, the most by a player since 1960.
However, he has struggled to replicate the feat at Juventus. He has netted only 23 goals from 63 appearances since making his switch in January 2022.
With the limited impact, the Bianconeri could be willing to cash in on the €75 million-rated central striker. United seem to be interested in landing his signature.
Vlahovic could revive his career with a change in surroundings. The attacking brand of football under Erik ten Hag could be perfect for the Serbian next season.
The 23-year-old has shown that he has good finishing skills in the box. He has a good positional sense and can operate as a traditional number nine when required.
Anthony Martial is currently United’s best specialist striker but the Frenchman has been prone to dropping deep and finds himself out of position regularly.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’