Manchester United have been handed a boost in signing Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot after missing out on the services of Porto’s Vitinha.
However, the club have now been offered the incentive to sign Rabiot with Fabrizio Romano reporting that Premier League clubs are interested in pursuing him.
United have been frequently linked with Rabiot over the past few weeks and it has been claimed that they have already taken ‘concrete steps‘ to land his signature.
United obviously have Barcelona’s Frenkie de Jong as the top midfield priority, and talks are still ongoing with the Catalan giants over a suitable transfer fee.
Regardless of the Dutchman’s pursuit, United could be eyeing another central/defensive midfielder this summer, considering the congested schedule due to the World Cup.
United have to play a staggering 10 games in October, and they could face a similar schedule in April next year. This should urge the hierarchy to add more quality and depth in the squad.
Rabiot would provide much-needed experience in the United ranks after the departures of Nemanja Matic and Paul Pogba. He would suit the Premier League with his style of play.
The Frenchman is strong with his tackling (two tackles per game last season), but can also hold-up play efficiently with his physical presence. He also has the knack for registering key passes.
With his contract expiring in June 2023, the Bianconeri are willing to sell him for just €15 million. He would be a bargain for that price, but United won’t have it easy in the pursuit of his services.
Chelsea are also firm admirers of the former Paris Saint-Germain man and have Champions League football on offer. United will need to open negotiations early to convince him to join them.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and WhoScored.com
- Manchester United plan to enter the transfer race for Moises Caicedo
- Impressive stats come to the fore following massive performance from Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes for Portugal
- Real Madrid join Man Utd in race to sign Argentine star Enzo Fernandez
- Facundo Pellistri shines for Uruguay in 2-0 World Cup defeat to Portugal
- FA Cup third round draw: Man Utd to host Everton at Old Trafford
- Casemiro scores wonder goal as Manchester United duo help Brazil move into last 16 at the World Cup
- Man Utd plan to recall Ethan Laird if Aaron Wan-Bissaka leaves in January
- Man Utd target Sergej Milinkovic-Savic impresses for Serbia in World Cup thriller vs Cameroon
- Man Utd should sign Vincent Aboubakar from Al-Nassr on loan in January
- Manchester United midfielder Fred opens up on taking inspiration from legendary World Cup-winning Brazil squad