Manchester United have been handed a big injury boost with Antony back in full training with his teammates ahead of Friday’s FA Cup third round tie against Everton.
The Red Devils have been hampered by untimely injuries throughout the campaign and earlier this week, Antony missed the 3-0 Premier League win over Bournemouth with a concern.
Erik ten Hag did not provide any further update on the situation, but Antony looks set to make his comeback tomorrow after being spotted in team training on Wednesday.
Antony’s return is a huge boost for Man Utd
In Antony’s absence, Donny van de Beek made his comeback to the starting line-up against the Cherries. He played in the number 10 role with Bruno Fernandes operating on the right wing.
The Dutchman had a good outing in the first half but unfortunately picked up a gruesome knee injury before the break. Ten Hag has already hinted that the setback could be serious.
If Antony is fully fit, he should return on the right flank against the Toffees. The Brazilian desperately needs to find the back of the net ahead of key fixtures in the Premier League.
He made a brilliant start to his United career with three goals in six appearances, but has failed to score in his last eight matches. Antony has squandered some clear-cut scoring chances.
The 22-year-old is clearly a favourite under Ten Hag after their time together at Ajax. The manager has backed him with a regular starting spot. Hopefully, Antony will end his goal drought tomorrow.
The Toffees are currently in a dreadful run of form in the top-flight and recently suffered a heavy 4-1 loss to Brighton & Hove Albion at home. United should easily beat them at Old Trafford.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd need to pay €100m to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest