Manchester United have been handed a big boost in the pursuit of Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic.
The Red Devils are looking to pursue a new centre-forward, and Vlahovic is reportedly one of the top names on their wishlist for the summer transfer window.
The Bianconeri are aiming to recoup at least €100m from player sales this summer, and the publication report that the club are prioritising the sale of the Serbian star.
United are one of the clubs interested in signing him. Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Newcastle United and Paris Saint-Germain are also keeping tabs on the striker’s situation.
Man Utd could pursue deal for Vlahovic
United are prioritising a new striker during the off-season. A deal for Harry Kane seems unlikely, and they may have to consider alternative options in the coming weeks.
Atalanta’s Rasmus Hojlund has been mentioned as a target, but the Dane is still learning his trade. The youngster could be considered as a long-term signing.
In our view, Vlahovic would be a good acquisition. He was tremendous during his time at Fiorentina. The Serbian scored 33 Serie A goals in a calendar year (2021).
This paved the way for his big-money transfer to Juventus in January 2022. Vlahovic has since struggled for consistency with only 23 goals and six assists from 63 games.
His record is decent with a goal contribution in every two matches, but a lot more is expected from a striker, who was being compared with Erling Braut Haaland.
Bianconeri’s playing style has not suited Vlahovic, and a change of clubs could turn his fortunes around. It is left to be seen whether United make a formal proposal for him.
The Serbian is strong with his positioning and finishing skills. United have been guilty of missing big chances in the box, and Vlahovic could provide the solution.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player