We are less than half an hour away from kickoff in our final Premier League game of the 2017-18 Premier League season.
Watford are the visitors to Old Trafford this afternoon with Javi Gracia’s side able to end the day anywhere between 10th and 15th, whilst we already have second place wrapped up.
After our 0-0 draw at West Ham United on Thursday, Jose Mourinho named seven players that would be starting. One of those was Anthony Martial. However, the French international has not made today’s matchday squad.
The boss had said on Thursday night that Martial would start today’s game along with Sergio Romero, Eric Bailly, Daley Blind, Michael Carrick, Juan Mata and Marcus Rashford. Those six do indeed start for us today.
Following the announcement of today’s team we were able to report that Anthony Martial had been spotted leaving Old Trafford around midday.
Speculation quickly started claiming that the 22-year-old had now played his final game for the club and was about to be sold. After all, Martial has been strongly linked with a move to Juventus over the past couple of months after failing to hold down a regular spot in Jose Mourinho’s side.
However, MUTV have now confirmed that Anthony Martial will not face Watford this afternoon because he is injured.
MUTV have now confirmed Martial is injured.
— Rob Dawson (@RobDawsonESPN) May 13, 2018
- Who will Rangnick target in the transfer window?
- Man Utd fans react to Fred’s performance vs Arsenal
- Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United in wake of Arsenal win
- Manchester United vs Arsenal 3-2: Cristiano Ronaldo saves the day again
- Michael Carrick provides fresh injury update on Raphael Varane
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-3-1-2) vs Arsenal, Ronaldo and Maguire return
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd