We are less than half an hour away from kickoff in our final Premier League game of the 2017-18 Premier League season.
Watford are the visitors to Old Trafford this afternoon with Javi Gracia’s side able to end the day anywhere between 10th and 15th, whilst we already have second place wrapped up.
After our 0-0 draw at West Ham United on Thursday, Jose Mourinho named seven players that would be starting. One of those was Anthony Martial. However, the French international has not made today’s matchday squad.
The boss had said on Thursday night that Martial would start today’s game along with Sergio Romero, Eric Bailly, Daley Blind, Michael Carrick, Juan Mata and Marcus Rashford. Those six do indeed start for us today.
Following the announcement of today’s team we were able to report that Anthony Martial had been spotted leaving Old Trafford around midday.
Speculation quickly started claiming that the 22-year-old had now played his final game for the club and was about to be sold. After all, Martial has been strongly linked with a move to Juventus over the past couple of months after failing to hold down a regular spot in Jose Mourinho’s side.
However, MUTV have now confirmed that Anthony Martial will not face Watford this afternoon because he is injured.
MUTV have now confirmed Martial is injured.
— Rob Dawson (@RobDawsonESPN) May 13, 2018
- Preview: Burnley vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Burnley boss Vincent Kompany lauds ‘extremely capable’ Erik ten Hag ahead of Man Utd clash
- Kie Plumley announces he has joined Manchester United
- Erik ten Hag should start Alejandro Garnacho vs Burnley after lively cameo
- Man Utd midfielder Christian Eriksen delivers frustrating display vs Bayern
- Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana owns up to his catastrophic error against Bayern Munich
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Manchester United: Player ratings as Andre Onana and Christian Eriksen disappoint massively
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bayern Munich, Pellistri starts
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Sheikh Jassim reluctant to raise their bids for Manchester United following their poor start to 2023-24
- ‘Would have signed anything’: Brazilian midfielder reveals chat with Sir Alex Ferguson convinced him to join Man Utd