Manchester United are considered as front-runners to sign Barcelona wonderkid Ansu Fati during this summer’s transfer window, according to Sport.
The Spanish youngster has experienced a difficult season with the Catalan giants and he has played just over 1,300 minutes across all competitions.
This has led to suggestions that he could move on in the summer and it is now reported that his agent Jorge Mendes is actively working on a deal.
It is added that United are ‘first on the list’ and the club’s project would be enticing for the player.
Sport believe Fati would complement Marcus Rashford perfectly in attack and he would be the ‘icing on the cake’ for the Red Devils next season.
Will Man Utd move for Ansu Fati this summer?
Fati has averaged only 35 minutes per appearance this season but he has still contributed six goals and three assists for Xavi Hernandez’s side.
The €35 million-rated star should fare better with more playing time. He could be tempted to pursue a fresh challenge if his situation does not improve.
United obviously have a close relationship with Mendes but we would be surprised if the club are interested in signing Fati during the summer.
Marcus Rashford has played up front on multiple occasions this campaign but it is quite clear that he prefers to operate from the left side of the attack.
This is the same role that Fati prefers to feature from. In our view, United don’t need to strengthen the position with multiple options at their disposals.
Rashford is the undisputed starter amid his stunning 27-goal season but there is also Alejandro Garnacho and Jadon Sancho, who prefer to play on the left wing.
Hence, we simply don’t see the club making an approach for the La Masia graduate even if he is available for a knockdown price during the next transfer window.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’