Manchester United believe the current asking price for Atalanta striker Rasmus Hojlund is too much, according to TuttoMercatoWeb.
The Red Devils are currently on the verge of signing Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana. The Cameroon star has undergone his medical, and an announcement is expected.
United are also preparing an opening bid for Hojlund, but the club consider the €70 million valuation for the striker to be excessive.
Atalanta prefer a straight-cash deal and won’t entertain the prospect of signing either Fred or Mason Greenwood as part of Hojlund’s transfer.
However, there could be an exception if they can sign a young prospect with ‘future potential’ and a decent salary.
Amad Diallo would be a tempting option for the Bergamo outfit.
Man Utd should resist selling Amad as part of Hojlund deal
United manager Erik ten Hag has identified Hojlund as the priority striker target in recent weeks. The Dane has already agreed terms, and a formal offer could be made soon.
As things stand, Atalanta are unwilling to negotiate on the price. However, the Serie A outfit could reduce the fee if Amad is included as a makeweight for the 20-year-old.
Amad has yet to establish himself as a regular with the first team, but United should resist the prospect of losing him permanently this summer.
The €21 million star had a good loan season with Sunderland with 14 goals and three assists last term, and he has shown promise during the pre-season games.
A season on loan with a top club would benefit his development. If Atalanta want to re-sign him, it should be on a temporary rather than a permanent deal.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player