A section of Manchester United fans have reacted on Twitter after the club were drawn alongside Paris Saint-Germain in the round of 16 stage of the Champions League.
The Red Devils finished as their group winners with 11 points, one ahead of Villarreal.
Despite this, their performances were a mixed bag with David de Gea and Cristiano Ronaldo saving their blushes.
De Gea made stand-out saves throughout the group campaign while Ronaldo was instrumental up front with six goals from five games.
The Portuguese bagged a couple of late winners in the process.
They have now been handed a tricky tie with Paris Saint-Germain. Les Parisiens beat them in both group stage meetings of the competition during the previous campaign.
However, the Red Devils will have fond memories of the last 16 match-up in 2019.
They lost 2-0 in the first leg at home but made a sensational comeback with a 3-1 triumph at Parc des Princes to progress on away goals.
The second leg had plenty of drama with a late stoppage-time winning penalty scored by Marcus Rashford.
Here is how some supporters have reacted after being drawn with Les Parisiens once again.
The Red Devils have had an average first half of the season, but progress has been made since the departure of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer last month.
They are unbeaten across six games in all competitions. In Premier League terms, they have won three of the last four games – two under interim boss Ralf Rangnick.
Rangnick will be looking to build a winning momentum to boost the players’ confidence ahead of the first leg of the Champions League last 16 tie against Les Parisiens on the road in February.
The game will see a familiar rivalry with Cristiano Ronaldo coming against Lionel Messi.
They met in the group stage last year where Ronaldo bagged a brace for Juventus in a 3-0 win over Barcelona.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
UPDATE: Due to a technical error, the draw has been declared void and will be carried out again at 2.00 pm.
- Man Utd agree fee with Barcelona for Frenkie de Jong
- Erik ten Hag could hand first-team chance to James Garner
- 3 possible Frenkie de Jong alternatives Man Utd should pursue
- Man Utd have strongest interest in signing Frenkie de Jong
- Man Utd identify two goalkeepers to replace Dean Henderson
- Man Utd make initial contact for RB Leipzig star Nordi Mukiele
- Man Utd to face Atletico Madrid in fifth pre-season friendly
- Man Utd could make official bid for Christopher Nkunku next week
- Man Utd best placed to sign Pau Torres
- Man Utd target Tyrell Malacia impresses against Roma in UECL final