Manchester United need to speed up their negotiations with Kim Min-jae if they want the defender to move to Old Trafford this summer.
United have made ‘little progress’ in their negotiations with the defender, according to Foot Mercato.
Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea and Newcastle United are also monitoring the South Korean international’s situation.
He has a foreign release clause worth €60 million in his current contract, which will be active in the first fortnight of July.
Man Utd should not miss out on Kim Min-jae transfer
The 26-year-old started all bar three of Napoli’s Serie A games this season.
He played a prominent role in helping the Italian outfit win their first league title in over three decades.
Raphael Varane and Lisandro Martinez have established themselves as the first-choice centre-back pair at United.
Erik ten Hag wants to bring in more competition and Min-jae would be a fantastic addition to the squad.
His arrival would mark the end of Harry Maguire’s stay at Old Trafford.
The England international is now the fourth-choice defender for Ten Hag. He does not suit the Dutchman’s style of play.
By contrast, Min-jae is a swift passer of the ball and a proactive defender.
With Varane susceptible to injuries, United need a strong third centre-back to cover.
The uncertainty around the club’s ownership could be why United have not made much progress in their pursuit of Min-jae.
The Glazers need to provide more clarity on the sale process, or United will lose significant ground in the transfer window.
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions