Manchester United could face competition from Juventus to sign Atalanta striker Rasmus Hojlund this summer.
The Red Devils are on the search for a new centre-forward and it has been recently reported that Hojlund is one of the players on their radar.
However, a deal may not be straightforward. Juventus could reportedly enter the race for him, suppose Dusan Vlahovic heads for the exit door.
Vlahovic is currently a top target for Bayern Munich and Corriere dello Sport claim that the Bianconeri could replace the Serbian with Hojlund.
United could face Juventus battle for Hojlund
Hojlund has been likened to Erling Haaland for his playing style. He is a left-footed striker who possesses sheer pace, a physical presence and good finishing skills.
The youngster has also excelled with his ability to win duels and hold-up play. With the right guidance, the Dane could evolve into a potent goalscorer.
Aside from United, the Bianconeri are also keeping tabs on him but in our opinion, the Red Devils could have the upper hand due to a couple of reasons.
The first advantage in their favour is Champions League football. Juventus were also on course to qualify from Serie A before they were docked 10 points for false accounting.
Meanwhile, Hojlund is a self-proclaimed Red Devils fan. Earlier this year, he said (via M.E.N): “I will not hide the fact that I am a huge Manchester United fan.”
Not many Serie A based players would turn down a move to Juventus but there is a strong possibility that Hojlund would do so due to his admiration of United.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- 3 goals in last 4 meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return