Manchester United are set to face competition from Chelsea and Real Madrid for Goncalo Ramos this summer, according to Record (page 3).
The 21-year-old has been in outstanding form for Benfica this season, scoring 24 goals and providing 10 assists from 36 appearances in all competitions.
United have been watching the striker closely over the past few months and it is reported that they are ‘not scared’ of the €120 million release clause.
However, they are not alone in the pursuit. Chelsea and Madrid have also monitored Ramos and have taken ‘positive feedback’ on his performances.
Will United move for Goncalo Ramos this summer?
United are expected to land a marquee striker in the next transfer window and Ramos is one of the top names that has been linked over the last few months.
However, it has recently emerged that Tottenham Hotspur star Harry Kane is the number one priority for manager Erik ten Hag and United plan to hold negotiations soon.
Kane will be 30 in the summer but Ten Hag has the belief that the England captain can transform the club into genuine title contenders with his proven scoring record in the league.
Hence, United’s main focus could lie on Kane. Suppose they are unsuccessful in convincing Tottenham to do business, the club could turn their attention to signing Ramos.
Similar to Kane, Ramos has excellent all-round attributes. He is brilliant with his goalscoring but also creates chances for his teammates with his impressive passing range.
The 21-year-old is also good with his hold-up play and has shown the willingness to drop deep when required. He could be United’s ideal alternative to Kane this summer.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’