Manchester United will play host to Championship side Reading in the third round of this season’s FA Cup.
The Royals are currently struggling in the second tier of English football, down in 21st after 20 games having won just four games under Paul Clement so far this season.
We were runners-up of last year’s competition, losing the final to Chelsea at Wembley Stadium. We were 2-0 winners at home to Championship side Derby County in the third round last season.
Other notable third round fixtures this season are as follows:
Tranmere Rovers or Southport vs Tottenham Hotspur
Chelsea vs Nottingham Forest
Wrexham or Newport County vs Leicester City
Solihull Moors or Blackpool vs Arsenal
Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion
Woking vs Watford
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool
All 32 third round proper ties will take place on the weekend of 4–7 January 2019. We are away to Newcastle United in the Premier League on Wednesday 2 January 2019.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday