Manchester United are aiming to bring in another forward on loan before the transfer window closes on Tuesday night, The Daily Mail report.
The Red Devils have reinforced the squad this month with the signings of Jack Butland and Wout Weghorst on loan from Crystal Palace and Burnley respectively.
Weghorst has led the line in the last two games without finding the back of the net and it is now reported that United are looking for another forward on loan for a small fee.
Meanwhile, Anthony Elanga and Facundo Pellistri have been linked with loan departures. It is claimed that their situations could be assessed based on the new signing.
Anthony Martial’s injury could be a reason behind decision
Martial has had a frustrating campaign with injuries and he is currently on the sidelines with a leg issue. There is presently no exact date when he could return to action.
Manager Erik ten Hag has voiced his disappointment over Martial’s absence. He acknowledged yesterday that the €15 million-rated star is ‘really important‘ for the club.
In our opinion, this could be a reason behind the interest in signing another forward. Ideally, Ten Hag could be eyeing a versatile signing, who can play anywhere in attack.
The big question is whether the club will succeed in finding a solution in the next six days.
Atletico Madrid’s Joao Felix was an ideal target for United at the beginning of January, but the hierarchy refused to meet the huge loan fee demands of the Spanish club.
The Portuguese star ended up joining rivals Chelsea. With the talk of a small loan budget, United may probably target another stop-gap signing before end of the month.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Sir Dave Brailsford and Jean-Claude Blanc meet Manchester United executives at Old Trafford as Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s 25% acquisition edges closer
- Man Utd showing interest in Borussia Dortmund winger Donyell Malen
- Man Utd confirm Amad Diallo has returned to full training ahead of Bournemouth game
- United boss Erik ten Hag shuts the door on January reinforcement
- Ian Wright wants Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag gone once Sir Jim Ratcliffe arrives
- Roy Keane wants Manchester United to ditch Antony, Raphael Varane, Harry Maguire and more
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans after 2-1 win against Chelsea
- Erik ten Hag has another undroppable star in Scott McTominay after Chelsea win
- Sofyan Amrabat produces his best Man Utd display vs Chelsea
- Juventus cool interest in exiled Man Utd star Jadon Sancho due to financial concerns