Manchester United have been linked to several centre-backs this month as Jose Mourinho looks to strengthen the backline before the start of next season.
The latest of those could be available on the cheap too as AS Milan are facing expulsion from European club competition for breaching UEFA Financial Fair Play regulations.
As a result, we are being linked to Italian international Leonardo Bonucci, according to an exclusive from Yahoo!.
The Italian giants paid Juventus €42 million for their captain last summer in a bid to get back into the Champions League but came up far short. Bonucci was one of a number of high-profile signings made by the seven-time champions of Europe.
Now it appears we are looking to take advantage of the dire situation that AC Milan are in and pinch the 31-year-old centre-back from the San Siro.
Leonardo Bonucci made a surprise move to Milan from the Allianz Stadium last summer after winning the Serie A title on six occasions in seven seasons with the Italian giants. He had a stellar season despite the club finishing down in sixth, some 31 points off the champions and eight points off Champions League football.
Although their finishing position was good enough to qualify for Europa League football this upcoming season, breach of Financial Fair Play regulations could be set to halt AC Milan’s entry to the competition. Selling star players such as Bonucci would help them out.
The report from Yahoo! does not mention a transfer fee but one would imagine we could Leonardo Bonucci fairly cheap given the situation that AC Milan currently find themselves in.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player