Manchester United are ‘expected to try and position’ themselves at the front of the queue to sign Red Bull Salzburg attacker Oscar Gloukh, according to Fichajes.
The Red Devils added more creativity to their attack this summer with the purchase of Mason Mount. The Englishman had an early season injury, but he will have a huge role to play in the coming months.
Despite his arrival, the club are on the look out for a younger playmaker and Fichajes claim that United are keeping a close eye on the progress of Gloukh.
Arsenal and Barcelona are also in the hunt for the teenager, who recently revealed his ‘big dream‘ of playing for Real Madrid at some stage in his career.
Gloukh could be a potential star of the future
The 19-year-old has the ability to play in multiple positions. He is an attacking midfielder, but can also operate in central midfield or on the right wing.
This season, he has been in fine form for the Austrian giants, registering three goals and three assists from 12 appearances from the number 10 role.
Aside from his goal involvements, the teenager has also impressed with his dribbling and work rate. He could be a useful understudy for Bruno Fernandes.
Fernandes is an undisputed starter for the Red Devils with his fine contributions over the past three years and he has made the attacking midfield role his own.
However, manager Erik ten Hag may ideally want someone, who can replace him in the back end of games or complement the Portuguese on the field.
Gloukh would be a quality long-term signing for United. He is valued at €10 million by Transfermarkt, but Salzburg could demand €25-30m for him, in our opinion.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action