Manchester United are expected to make a decisive lunge to sign Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat at any moment, according to Corriere dello Sport (page 17).
The Dutchman is also keen on signing Amrabat from La Viola, but an official approach could be put on hold until the club offload one or two midfielders from the squad.
Amidst this, Corriere dello Sport claim that a ‘decisive lunge’ is expected from United for Amrabat at any moment. Fiorentina want to sell him to recoup funds for more signings.
The Serie A outfit are looking for a package of €30 million for the Utrecht graduate.
Man Utd should move for Amrabat soon
The Red Devils hierarchy have signed one player at a time this summer. They initially focused on the purchase of Mason Mount before turning attention to Andre Onana.
After Onana’s arrival, the club stepped up the pursuit of Rasmus Hojlund and confirmed his arrival last weekend. As things stand, the next priority could be a central defender.
With Maguire on his way out, Ten Hag has urged the hierarchy to recruit Pavard. Discussions are already taking place to sign the Frenchman, who can also operate as a right-back.
Amrabat could be targeted as the next signing after Pavard. The club have lacked an elite defensive midfielder to provide strong competition to Casemiro. The Moroccan could be the answer.
He completed 90 per cent of his passes in Serie A last term compared to Casemiro’s 79 in the Premier League. Amrabat was dispossessed 7.2 times, much lesser than the Brazilian (13).
Casemiro remains an undisputed starter from the number six role for now, but Amrabat should get a fair chance to compete for the spot under Ten Hag, who knows him from his Utrecht days.
Amrabat, who was described as ‘extraordinary‘ by manager Luis Enrique at the World Cup, would be a fantastic acquisition for United as he is currently in the prime of his playing career.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions