Manchester United expect Facundo Pellistri to join Granada on loan for the rest of the campaign, according to Manchester Evening News.
The Uruguay international made his debut for the Red Devils in January last year, but he has yet to become a key player under manager Erik ten Hag.
Pellistri played second fiddle to Antony for the right wing role last term. The competition has become stiffer this season with Alejandro Garnacho’s success in the position.
Aside from Garnacho, Pellistri has dropped behind Amad Diallo in the pecking order after his injury comeback. Hence, United are expecting him to move out on loan.
The 22-year-old is likely to end up at Granada this winter. M.E.N claim that United could eventually sanction his exit. His contract expires next year, but there is an option for another 12 months.
Pellistri could leave United permanently this summer
The winger has established himself as a key player for his national team, but has yet to do so at club level. With Granada, he has the chance to secure regular playing time.
Pellistri previously had a frustrating 18-month loan spell with Deportivo Alaves in La Liga, but he is now more matured and will be aiming to make an impression in the league.
Granada are currently in a relegation battle in the Spanish top-flight. They are five points adrift of safety. If Pellistri can help them beat the drop, the club could consider a permanent move.
Otherwise, there will be clubs across Europe who could be interested in signing him. PSV Eindhoven are one of his admirers, but they could also make an approach this summer.
Pellistri is set to become the fifth United player to leave on loan in the current transfer window after Donny van de Beek, Jadon Sancho, Hannibal Mejbri and Alvaro Fernandez.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow