Manchester United duo Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Donny van de Beek should be shown the exit door in January after woeful displays against Cadiz on Wednesday night.
The Red Devils suffered a 4-2 friendly defeat to the La Liga outfit yesterday and following the game, manager Erik ten Hag admitted that there were ‘more negatives‘.
A number of first-team stars had the chance to prove a point to the Dutchman, but they simply failed to do so in what was a disappointing first-half performance.
Wan-Bissaka was one of those, who seemed to be going through the motions. The right-back, who has lost his place to Diogo Dalot this term, looked out of sorts.
The 25-year-old showed little desire to intercept an easy cross for Cadiz’s second goal. The Spanish outfit had plenty of joy running behind him on the right flank.
The former Crystal Palace man also offered nothing in an attacking point of view and United should seriously consider offloading him at the turn of the year.
Meanwhile, Donny van de Beek is another first-teamer that should be offloaded this winter. The Dutchman has looked far off from the player, who stood out for Ajax.
Ten Hag tried to give him regular minutes in the number 10 position before the World Cup break, but Van de Beek did not capitalise with several passive performances.
He had another chance yesterday with Bruno Fernandes and Christian Eriksen away, but produced another lacklustre display with barely any chances created.
Ten Hag has already sent a transfer warning to the 25-year-old, and it won’t come as a surprise if the midfielder leaves the club midway through the campaign.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony