Manchester United are discussing a move for Bayern Munich defender Benjamin Pavard, according to German journalist Philipp Kessler.
The Red Devils are currently on the verge of selling Harry Maguire to West Ham United, and they are likely to pursue a replacement soon.
Bayern are reportedly looking for €30m to part ways with the World Cup winner.
Who should United sign to replace Maguire?
United are looking at multiple options as they aim to find a replacement for Maguire.
Earlier today, the club were credited with an interest in Tapsoba, but Pavard and Todibo could be better signings over him. The Burkinabe star had a passing accuracy of 86 per cent in the Bundesliga last term.
In comparison, Pavard and Todibo completed 90 and 89 per cent of passes in their respective leagues. The former’s statistics are quite impressive, considering he played half of his games at right-back.
Meanwhile, Pavard and Todibo won more tackles per game (2.3 & 2.2) compared to Tapsoba (1.5) and also won a greater percentage of duels (67 & 65) than the Bayer Leverkusen centre-back (59).
Hence, we would personally prefer United to sign one of the duo. Their statistics are quite similar, but Todibo would be the better acquisition as he is almost four years younger than Pavard (27).
The Frenchman has impressed with his overall defensive attributes. He could initially start off as a back-up defender before establishing himself as a regular starter under manager Erik ten Hag.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions