Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof looks set to return to the matchday squad when the club face Real Sociedad in the Europa League on Thursday.
The Red Devils are currently on 12 points after five group games, three behind Sociedad. They need a victory by two clear goals tomorrow to finish top of Group E.
Ahead of the clash, the club have received a boost in the defensive point of view with Lindelof back in full training. The £16.2 million-rated star was absent last weekend with an illness.
However, Antony was not present in the open training session earlier today after picking up an injury last week. Jadon Sancho was also not involved with the group.
Erik ten Hag could make minimal changes vs Real Sociedad
Ten Hag went with Harry Maguire and Lisandro Martinez as his central defensive pairing against West Ham United and the duo produced impressive performances.
Martinez was superb in the box with his ability to win regular duels. Maguire had an unconvincing first half but stepped up towards the end with several headed clearances.
The club captain also came up with a crucial block in stoppage time and manager Erik ten Hag was full of praise for his superb defending when United were under the cosh.
Hence, it is most likely that Maguire will reclaim his spot alongside Martinez. In attack, Alejandro Garnacho could get the nod over Anthony Elanga in Antony’s absence.
Elanga struggled to make an impact from the right wing and we may see Garnacho picked over him. The Argentine made his full debut for United against Sheriff Tiraspol last week.
The rest of the line-up should remain the same. Anthony Martial is back in full training after a hip issue, but is unlikely to be risked from the off. He could make a late cameo appearance.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony