Manchester United defender Luke Shaw has agreed to put pen-to-paper on a fresh four-year contract, according to The Athletic.
The left-back has been a key player under manager Erik ten Hag this campaign and the club have now rewarded him for his performances.
Shaw’s previous contract was due to expire in the summer of 2024. The England star has now finalised a new four-year deal with the Red Devils.
The 27-year-old signed for United from Southampton for £30 million back in 2014. The extension will see him spend over a decade at the club.
Shaw deserves his new deal after excellent season
The England international had a slow start to the campaign due to a foot injury but since October, he has been a regular starter over Tyrell Malacia.
Shaw has been impressive with his defensive involvements but he has also been influential in the final third, making seven goal contributions so far.
At 27, he is still in the prime of his career and it was a no-brainer to prolong his stay.
Meanwhile, Diogo Dalot, Marcus Rashford and Fred have their contracts expiring in 15 months and the club will be aiming to agree fresh terms with the trio.
The main priority could be given to David de Gea’s future as his deal expires in the summer. The club have decided against triggering a 12-month option.
Talks are ongoing over a new contract with a pay-cut. Hopefully, an agreement is reached soon.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’