Manchester United could step up negotiations to sign Fenerbahce goalkeeper Altay Bayindir after selling midfielder Fred to the Turkish outfit.
The Red Devils recently reached an agreement with Fenerbahce for the sale of Fred. The Super Lig side will pay £13 million including add-ons.
The Brazil international will end his five-year association with United soon, and we feel the club could step up talks with Fenerbahce for Bayindir.
The Turkey international has been identified as United’s prime target for the deputy goalkeeper role. The Red Devils value him at around £5m.
United could pursue Bayindir amid injury crisis
United currently have Andre Onana as the undisputed first-choice goalkeeper after his arrival from Inter.
However, there is currently a lack of quality back-up. Dean Henderson is not 100 per cent fit after recovering from a thigh surgery. He is expected to leave this summer.
This leaves the club significantly short in the goalkeeping department, considering Nathan Bishop was sold to Sunderland while Radek Vitek is also on the sidelines.
17-year-old Elyh Harrison could be a surprise candidate on the bench for the season opener on Monday, but United are bound to pursue an experienced signing.
Bayindir has been on United’s radar for a number of weeks, and we won’t be surprised if the club push through a deal with Fenerbahce in the coming days.
The 25-year-old has impressed with his command in the box alongside his sweeping abilities. He averaged nearly one successful run-out per game last term.
His passing accuracy was decent at 69 per cent. He registered 4.9 long balls per game. Bayindir should be a good back-up option as Henderson is expected to leave soon.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling