Manchester United are monitoring Marco Reus’ situation after the German international hinted he will not stay Borussia Dortmund beyond 2019 in a recent interview.
The 28-year-old recently told GQ Magazine in Germany that he would consider leaving the German Bundesliga club for a new surrounding,
“On May 31 that year, I will turn 30. That would be my last big contract and a final opportunity to try something different.”
The German attacking midfielder is currently under contract at Signal Iduna Park until the end next season. Having struggled for fitness throughout much of his time at Borussia Dortmund and now hinting he’d be prepared to leave on a free transfer at thee end of his contract, it’s possible we could get a bargain transfer fee given the situation.
“There are four or five international clubs who interest me.”
On top of this, Sky Germany (via the Daily Mail) are reporting that both ourselves and Arsenal are considering making a move for Marcus Reus.
With Arsenal not in the Champions League this season, seemingly finding it hard to finish in the top four this season and with us being the bigger club, you’d think we’d sign Reus over Arsenal if it came down to the two of us.
Jose Mourinho is reportedly interested in signing Mesut Ozil on a free transfer at the end of this season when his current contract at Arsenal expires. However, I wonder if this news of Reus considering a move away from Dortmund has tempted him into changing his mind.
Marcus Reus has been sidelined with anterior cruciate ligament damage since Borussia Dortmund’s German Cup final win over Eintracht Frankfurt back in May.
Although Reus has struggled badly to be healthy for a full season since 2013-14 and has never featured at a World Cup, and only one European Championship, I’d personally take him over Mesut Ozil. Fellow Manchester United fans, what are your thoughts?
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season