Manchester United could secure an agreement to sign Fluminense midfielder Andre Trindade ahead of Fulham, according to Brazilian outlet Trivela.
The Red Devils had a disappointing first half to the season. They bowed out of the Champions League at the group stage and are currently eighth in the Premier League with 31 points on the board.
The club may look for reinforcements in January for a turnaround and Trivela claim that United have joined the race in signing Andre from the South American champions.
Fulham reportedly have a verbal agreement in place for the 24-year-old, who could come in as a potential replacement for Joao Palhinha, but Trivela explain that nothing is certain.
United are mentioned as one of the interested parties and it is claimed that the scenario may not take long to change, thereby hinting that the club could hijack the pursuit.
Man Utd unlikely to afford Andre in January
Since the start of the transfer window, United have been linked with numerous players. Andre is the latest name mentioned, but we simply don’t see a transfer going through.
Andre impressed in the Brazilian top-flight last season. He had a passing accuracy of 95 per cent with 6.9 ball recoveries and 60 per cent of duels won per appearance.
Despite his strong attributes, the big question is whether he can adapt to the intensity of the Premier League instantly, considering he operates as a defensive midfielder.
United’s fragile league position suggests that they can’t gamble on their winter acquisitions. On top of this, the club are likely to rely on short-term loan deals due to FFP concerns.
In our view, the Red Devils are unlikely to pay the €35 million fee to sign Andre. The prime area of focus in January could be on reinforcing the attack which has misfired this term.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow