Manchester United could return for the services of Barcelona youngster Ansu Fati this summer as they aim to reinforce the left wing department.
The Red Devils currently have Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Alejandro Garnacho as left wing choices, but manager Erik ten Hag is still considering another option for the role.
In our opinion, Fati could re-emerge as a target for the Red Devils. The La Masia graduate was on their radar in 2020, and they were ready to pay as much as €100 million to sign him.
In recent weeks, United have been linked again with the 20-year-old, and we believe the hierarchy could make a fresh approach for his signature when the transfer window reopens.
Fati’s arrival could lead to positional changes for Rashford and Sancho
Fati has had limited playing time with the Catalan giants this season. He has managed just over 1,800 minutes of first-team football from 51 appearances across all competitions.
Despite this, the Spaniard has impressed with 10 goals and four assists to his name. He is predominantly a left winger, but also has the ability to play up front when required.
The transfer fee required is not clear, but Sport recently claimed that his agent Jorge Mendes is prepared to bring an offer of around €70 million to convince Barcelona to sell.
In our view, this would be within United’s financial capacity. Fati’s arrival at Old Trafford could see positional changes for Rashford and Sancho ahead of next season.
With United unsure over signing a marquee striker, Rashford could become the main man up front. Sancho, on the other hand, could compete with Antony for the right wing role.
Alejandro Garnacho could continue his development alongside Fati on the left side of United’s attack.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player