Manchester United defender Harry Maguire is attracting interest from Tottenham Hotspur ahead of the summer transfer window, according to The Telegraph.
The Red Devils captain was restricted to a fringe role under manager Erik ten Hag last season. He made just eight starts during the entire Premier League campaign.
With his England spot under threat, Maguire could move on from the club this summer, and The Telegraph report that Spurs are keen on landing his services.
Maguire shares a good relationship with Harry Kane at the international level, and it is claimed that his arrival in north London could help Spurs keep hold of their striker.
Meanwhile, Spurs’ interest is unlikely to have any bearing on United’s pursuit of Kane. Chairman Daniel Levy remains reluctant to sell him to a direct league rival.
United could secure £40m windfall with Spurs deal for Maguire
The Red Devils have been poor when it comes to player sales over several seasons, but they have an ideal opportunity to cash in on some of their outcasts this summer.
Maguire is one of those likely to head for the exit door in the search for regular minutes. Spurs could be his next destination with new manager Ange Postecoglou set to be backed with funds.
United are anticipating around £40 million to sanction his sale, and we won’t be surprised if Spurs pay the fee. They could also match his current wages of £190,000-a-week.
The Red Devils could use the funds recouped to sign Napoli star Kim Min-jae. The South Korean has already packed his bags from Naples, and has been tipped to join United in July.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Capology.com
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd