Manchester United have had a relatively quiet summer transfer window and they have signed just one player in Mason Mount from Chelsea.
Talks are ongoing with Inter Milan for goalkeeper Andre Onana. A deal worth €55m is expected to be finalised after payment terms are sorted.
Following Onana’s arrival, the Red Devils are likely to focus on the purchase of a striker and in our opinion, Tadic could be considered.
The 34-year-old is currently a free-agent after formally terminating his contract with Ajax yesterday.
Tadic’s career was transformed under manager Erik ten Hag at Ajax after a mixed spell with Southampton, and a reunion could be on the cards.
Of course, United are looking for a marquee centre-forward this summer, but Tadic could be regarded as a short-term signing for the Red Devils.
With the club working on a limited transfer budget, they may need to recoup funds before they can spend big on a young centre-forward.
Atalanta’s Rasmus Hojlund is being considered, but the Serie A outfit currently want a staggering €100m to sanction his departure this summer.
United have other alternatives in mind, but we believe Tadic could be signed on a free transfer to provide the manager with an option in pre-season.
The Serbian can play anywhere in the front line. He is predominantly a left winger, but was hugely successful as a main striker in Amsterdam.
Last season, he registered 13 goals and 21 assists for Ajax in all competitions – out of which 16 goal contributions came as a centre-forward.
Tadic’s good passing, good work rate, key passes and finishing skills would make him an ideal stopgap signing for the Red Devils, in our opinion.
Signing a marquee striker is a must for United, but Tadic would be a good solution as a back-up as he is already familiar with Ten Hag’s playing style.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions