Manchester United have been linked to a number of players already this summer, with central midfielder Fred and full-back Diogo Dalot the only two confirmed deals so far.
Most players being linked with us are defensive, with Jose Mourinho reportedly keen on a new centre-back, left-back and central midfielder.
However, the odd attacking player has also been linked with a move to the record champions of England. Reports in Germany are now linking us to Tottenham Hotspur forward Heung-min Son.
That’s according to German outlet Sport1, who believe the South Korean star is considering leaving the North London club this summer.
Son scored the second goal in South Korea’s shock 2-0 win over Germany in the 2018 World Cup on Wednesday, eliminating the defending champions at the Group Stage.
The report does state that if our interest is serious then we could face competition from fellow Premier League rivals Liverpool and Arsenal. How likely Daniel Levy would be to accept an offer from rivals Arsenal is certainly questionable. Whether he’d even accept a reasonable offer from either us or Liverpool is also questionable.
Heung-min Son scored 18 goals and laid on 11 assists in his 53 appearances in all competitions for Mauricio Pochettino’s side last season, helping Spurs finish in the top four once again and reach the knockout stages of the Champions League.
The 25-year-old has been with Spurs for three seasons following a £22 million move from Bayer 04 Leverkusen back in August 2015. He’s a quick, nifty, versatile forward, capable of playing on both flanks and up front. Son scored a fine consolation goal for his nation against Mexico last weekend.
However, Sport1 report that Tottenham will battle to keep hold of their star player and would take an offer of £60 million or more to consider selling him. Son has two years left on his contract.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup