Barcelona have opened talks with Manchester United to sign promising full-back Marc Jurado, according to Què T’hi Jugues.
The right-back was a key player for the Under-21 squad last season, contributing three goals and four assists from 29 appearances.
Despite his progress, it is highly unlikely that he will break into manager Erik ten Hag’s first-team plans.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Diogo Dalot are the preferred choices for the Dutchman, and the duo could share the playing time next season.
It is now reported that Barcelona are weighing up an offer for the 19-year-old, who was previously in the La Masia academy until 2020.
The youngster is open to reuniting with his former employers. He is considered as a potential signing for Barca Atletic, the reserve side.
As per Què T’hi Jugues, a deal could be at ‘a reduced cost based on objectives’.
Jurado could break into Barcelona’s senior squad in future
A number of youngsters have broken into the starting line-up at Barcelona under manager Xavi.
Pedri, Gavi and Alejandro Balde are among high-profile examples. Jurado could get his chance in future if he were to impress for Barca Atletic.
It remains to be seen how they could persuade United to sell the youngster.
The Catalans could propose a free transfer for Jurado which makes no sense for United unless there are beneficial add-ons for the future.
United should ask for a decent fee once he makes his breakthrough with the first-team.
The club have recently included big sell-on clauses for Ethan Laird and Zidane Iqbal, and should request something similar for Jurado’s exit
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin